Want to know about one of the best kept secrets in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia? Look no further than Founders Pointe— a nicely removed from the city, waterfront community in the Carrollton area of Isle of Wight County– just ten minutes from the historic town of Smithfield. Nearly 300 families have already chosen to move to Founders Pointe for many reasons, here are 5 of the main reasons below..
1. LOCATION – Founders Pointe is surprisingly convenient! Besides being just 10 minutes to the town of Smithfield, Founders Pointe is also located just 12 minutes from I-664 and the Harbour View area of Suffolk, it’s an easy 25 minute commute to the Portsmouth Naval Hospital and within a half hour of Downtown Norfolk.
From the Peninsula: Founders Pointe is just 3.5 miles to the James River Bridge and only 10 minutes from Newport News, and about 25 minutes to Langley Air Force Base. Once on Route 17, Founders Pointe is less than a mile down Sugar Hill Road, just a couple of minutes from the Eagle Harbor shopping area.
2. COMMUNITY CONCEPT – Discover a real sense of community in this waterfront community the minute you drive in the main entrance. Curving cul-de-sacs, tree-lined streets with sidewalks, you’ll find classic Traditional style homes with large front porches and both Craftsman and Coastal Cottage style homes which creates a distinctive streetscape and a welcoming feel. Residents enjoy the walking trails which links the neighborhood streets to the lakefront amenities and to the river.
3. RESORT STYLE AMENITIES – Live like your on vacation year round! A full-time Club Director plans fun activities and social events throughout the year. Residents enjoy the resort style pool and the 112′ water slide, a craftsman style clubhouse, outdoor grilling area, children’s playground, and a walking path that leads to the 844′ community pier. Discover panoramic water views of Batten Bay from the observation pier and breathtaking views of the James River. The clubhouse and swimming pool are centrally located in the community and it’s a place that helps bring the community together.
4. OUR HOMEBUILDERS – One of the truly unique features, 6 different custom homebuilders! Beautiful new homes are offered by the area’s best builders. Home buyers can select one of the Featured Models built for sale or they can create their ideal dream home they’ve always wanted. Discover superior quality appointments, innovative and open floor plans, and a limted number of private interior and water view lots remain available to build on. Many different floor plans are currently under construction for sale in Founders Pointe- https://www.founderspointe.com/available-homes/
5. TIMING/UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY – Only 24 building opportunities remain in this award winning waterfront community of 319 homesites. Founders Pointe is nicely removed from the city and is a one-of-a-kind type of neighborhood. “It’s very rare to find a neighborhood with amenities with so many quality builders helping to create a place where the customer wins,” says Mark Edwards, REALTOR®/broker with East West Realty. “We’re fortunate to have a group of builders that have helped our homebuyers accomplish what they want in a new home. Our builders truly enjoy the custom home building process and they offer home plans that are innovative, energy efficient, and reflect how families live today.” With only 17 interior lots remaining, and only 7 waterfront lots left, now is great time to select a homesite and secure your destination for your dream home.” (Sales Update Jan ’21- Less than 10 interior lots remain, 21 total lots remain)
This blog post was updated on 12/1/2020 to reflect updated numbers and information.